Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Citrus marinated chicken, roasted garlic asparagus and sweet potatoes


     If you want a delicious and healthy dish on your table in under an hour, you're in luck! The longest part of this dish is marinating the chicken over night. I added the chicken breasts to my marinade which consists of olive oil, red onion, fresh cilantro, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper and refrigerated it over night. I cubed my sweet potatoes and sprayed them lightly with cooking spray and tossed in a generous amount of salt and pepper. I baked the sweets in the oven on 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes. While the potatoes were cooking I trimmed my asparagus and got them ready for the oven. I wanted to keep the clean fresh taste of the asparagus so I dressed them lightly with olive oil, chopped garlic, salt and pepper. When all else fails, keep it simple. The asparagus only take about 15 minutes in the oven in order to keep them crisp. There are many ways you can cook the chicken, I decided to grill the lean breast on my Calphalon grill pan. I love my grill pan and it's a great way to grill all year round. I love experimenting in the kitchen and creating different marinades is a great way to do so. Try this one out, it's light and citrusy and works great with fish also. 

Citrus marinated chicken
1 package boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 lemons zested and juiced
1 small red onion diced
1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
1/4c olive oil
1 tsp salt and pepper

Roasted garlic asparagus
2 bunches asparagus
2 Tbsp chopped garlic
Drizzle asparagus with olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Sweet potatoes
2 large sweet potatoes cubed
cooking spray
salt and pepper


No comments:

Post a Comment