Saturday, November 17, 2012

San Remo Red Bank, NJ

It's my Birthday!!! Well, was my birthday...and what a great birthday it was! My friends and I enjoyed a quiet, intimate dinner at San Remo in Red Bank. I had never been to San Remo before and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. San Remo is a cozy Italian restaurant, located on Newman Springs Rd, and can easily be missed if you aren't looking for it. The restaurant has an old world Italian feel including walls adorned with artisan murals. The menu at San Remo is quite extensive offering fine Italian dishes like Gnocchi Alla Maria, which is clams, mussels and shrimp in a pesto sauce over fresh gnocchi, or Provenziale which is chicken sauteed with peas, onions and sausage in a garlic truffle olive oil. The extensive menu has everything from chicken to veal to seafood and pastas. When you head over to San Remo be sure to grab your favorite bottle of wine because San Remo is BYOB. To start off the meal my friends and I shared the sausage and pine nut stuffed mushrooms and the stuffed artichokes, both delicious and perfect for appetizers. I decided on the Veal special for my dinner. The dish was a breaded piece of veal gently fried and topped with an arugula salad mixed with red onion, tomatoes, tossed in a lemon vinaigrette and topped with shaved parmigiana. I have to say the balance between the crispy veal cutlet and the refreshing salad complimented each other very well. I almost forgot to mention the SIZE of the veal...HUGE!! And served bone in! It was delicious! We capped off our meal with a birthday serenade to me and of course some scrumptious desserts. My friends fought over the cobblers, both apple and peach, as I stayed neutral and opted for the mango sorbet. The sorbet was very refreshing and was served in an actual mango! I would say this was all around a great, casual dinner with friends. I would definitely recommend San Remo if you're looking for good Italian food.   

No comments:

Post a Comment