Monday, July 11, 2011

Siam Garden Red Bank, New Jersey

      If you like Thai food I've got the place for you. Siam Garden located in the Galleria in Red Bank is a great spot. One Friday night my friend and I decided to stop in and grab a bite to eat before meeting up with friends in Red Bank. He was ranting and raving about Siam Garden so I figured let's give it a shot. I have to tell you I have been craving it ever since. As soon as we walked in I fell in love with the atmosphere. The decor of the restaurant makes you feel as though you are in Thailand, with handcrafted art work and over sized engraved wooden tables and chairs, all makes the experience that much the better. Once the server uncorked our wine we began looking over the extensive menu. With each dish being in Thai and each utilizing an abundance of different fresh ingredients I thought I would have been there all night looking over the menu, however I hurried along since we did have a prior engagement to get to.

      We decided to start off with an appetizer of the Thai spring rolls. The rolls were flaky and crisp on the outside with warm julienne vegetables on the inside served with a tangy sweet and sour dipping sauce. They were the perfect amuse bouche. After a while of debating I decided on the classically delectable chicken pad thai and it did not disappoint. It was by far the best I have ever eaten. The dish comes out encased in a light crepe like egg covering resembling some sort of a fluffy pillow. Once you pierce through the egg your greeted with a steamy aroma of deliciousness. The plate overruns with chicken, fresh veggies and thai noodles so flavorful and enough for two people, or in my case lunch the next day. My friend decided on the drunken noodles. A bowl filled of chicken swimming in flat thai noodles and a delicious broth that was packed with a kick a spiciness. Another excellent choice and enough for left overs . We decided to skip dessert and enjoy the rest of our wine before we headed out. As being said prior Siam Garden is BYOB establishment which saves on the wallet and is a great alternative to paying for pricey drinks. I am looking forward to getting back to Siam Garden for another excellent Thai experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment