Monday, September 10, 2012

Tilapia Lemon Oreganata served with asparagus and fingerling potatoes

 

I bought Tilapia at the store with the idea in mind to make Tilapia oreganata and what goes better with fish than fresh lemon! While I was preparing my oreganata mixture which consists of whole grain bread crumbs, garlic powder, oregano, parsley, salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes, I thought why not add fresh lemon zest. In my opinion there is no greater smell in the world than the bright, citrusy aroma of a freshly zested lemon! It really wakes up the senses. I added the lemon zest to the bread crumb mixture, breaded the fish, topped it with a lemon slice and put it in the oven to bake. I set my oven at 375 degrees and baked the fish for about 15 minutes. While my fish was baking I began work on my side dish of asparagus and fingerling potatoes. I started out sauteing red onion and sliced fingerling potatoes in extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Once the potatoes were slightly cooked I added the chopped asparagus and let the vegetables cook until they were fork tender. The onions caramelized down and coated the potatoes and asparagus with a sweet flavor. Once the Tilapia was done I topped it off with a drizzle of fresh lemon and Bon Appetite! The vegetables were cooked to perfect texture and the fish was delicate and mild with a light lemony crust on the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment