Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Grilled Lamb Chops, yukon gold potatoes and beet salad


Whenever my boyfriend ventures to the grocery store, you never know what mystery ingredients he is going to come home with.  Tonight he surprised me with delicious lamb chops, green beans, mini eggplant, precooked beats, and Yukon Gold potatoes. This was quite the smorgasbord of veggies, so immediately I began brainstorming. Knowing the potatoes take the longest I wanted to get them started first. I thickly sliced the potatoes and got them into a skillet with EVOO, chopped shallots, salt and pepper. I put a lid on the potatoes in order to cut back on cooking time and allow for even tenderness. Next, I knew I wanted to grill the chops so I delicately prepared them with salt, pepper, fresh rosemary and set aside. I decided to use the beets as a star ingredient in a fresh beet salad. Once I julienned the beets I added arugula and crumbled feta and tossed in balsamic vinegar. Perfect! When the potatoes were about done I added the sliced eggplant to the skillet to slightly cook. I sautéed the green beans in EVOO, chopped garlic and slivered almonds to make green beans Almondine.  I heated my grill pan to medium heat to allow for the perfect sizzle once the chops were added. I grilled the chops about 3 minutes on each side to a perfect medium temperature. Our mystery meal ended up a delicious success and a really fun experience!!

2 comments:

  1. That was an amazing meal La! So much fun!
    Cant wait to do another mystery ingredient night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved mystery ingredient night! Like our own Chopped! Can't wait to see what's in the basket next time! Everyone should have a mystery ingredient night!

    ReplyDelete