Monday, March 4, 2013

Rosemary and Thyme Roasted Pork Loin


     I've come to realize that I can make just about anything in my Le Creuset French oven. Okay..I am obsessed, but I absolutely love it! Recently I got some fresh rosemary and thyme from my friends' garden and decided it would be the perfect accent to a pork loin. I seasoned the pork ahead of time in order to allow all the flavors to meld together. I generously covered the loin with garlic powder, fresh rosemary, fresh thyme, and herbs de Provence. Before I put the pork in the oven I evenly seared all sides to lock in the juices. In order for the pork not to burn I used chicken broth as a base in the bottom of my french oven. I then covered the pork and cooked it in a 350 degree oven for an hour, turning the meat once to ensure even browning. The house smelled so aromatic with all the fresh herbs roasting in the oven, it was truly mouth-watering.


I chose some fresh haricot vert, or French style green beans, as an accompaniment to my tender pork. I simply blanched the beans and then sauteed them in butter, olive oil, sliced shallots, and crushed garlic.  
 While the pork was roasting in the oven I simultaneously roasted Yukon Gold potatoes in chicken broth, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and pepper. I found this simple recipe on allrecipes.com while browsing the internet for a Greek Style Potatoes. They were perfect as they came out fork tender and very lightly flavored.
     All the three components of this dish were stars. The pork came out ever so juicy and the drippings in the pan made the most delicious, ready to go gravy. The only thing I added was some additional chicken broth, scrapped the bits, and YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment